Monday, January 17, 2011

Blessed

I'd like to think that I'm a typically positive person. I'm no sugar sweet full-time optimist who thinks everything is butterflies and cotton candy 24/7, but I tend to look at life with a glass half full kind of outlook. And some times in particular there are moments that really make me stop and think about just how blessed I am. At the risk of sounding like I'm high on sunshine and the like, I would like to take a quick minute and reflect on how much I have to be thankful for.

Today might have been one of my favorite days of my freshman year at APU so far! ...Woah. Did I really just say that?! I don't want to blow the grandness of this day out of proportion, but I really don't think I'm exaggerating on this one. From the second I woke up, it was a perfect day. It would not only give me carpal tunnel to try and type everything that happened today, but I just feel like the details would lose your interest since you just kind of had to be there for them. From the beach to chicken and waffle adventures in Hollywood and a gorgeously amazing stunning OHMYGOSH beautiful sunset at the Griffith observatory (can you tell I'm obsessed with sunsets?!), I couldn't help but stop today and think about how incredibly blessed I am. Not only am I in such an exciting city blessed with the chance to attend an amazing school, but I am surrounded by some of the most amazing people I have ever met. It's unbelievable to me how I got so blessed. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

My eyes were opened today when I was watching the sun set over Southern California and I glanced around at the people I was with. There is nowhere else I would have rather been, and I couldn't imagine spending that moment without them. They have shown me true friendship and there is no doubt that God has placed these people in my life and all I can do is stand amazed and thank Him for blessing me way beyond what I deserve. I never thought I would find friends like these, and God continues to show me how little I know in comparison to Him.

God has blessed me so deeply, and all I have to offer to him is the most humble of thanks.

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment